The Importance of Underfloor Insulation
Premier 100% Polyester Insulation for Underfloor
Premier 100% Polyester Insulation is proudly manufactured in NZ from thermally bonded polyester fibres for use in framed walls, ceilings and suspended floors and mid-floor applications in both residential and commercial construction. Premier has a full range of options for your ceiling, depending on the type of roof you have.
Key Features of Premier 100% Polyester Insulation
- Manufactured using 100% polyester fibres and contain a minimum 45% previously recycled fibre.
- Moisture and vermin resistant
- Non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-irritant, soft and safe to touch
- Made in NZ and designed for New Zealand buildings
- Select BRANZ Appraised & Eco Choice Aotearoa Certified Products
- 50 Year Durability Warranty
Why should you insulate your underfloor?
Did you know homes can lose up to 12-14% of their heat through an uninsulated floor? That’s where underfloor insulation steps in, underfloor insulation plays a vital role in your home, or business. It acts as a barrier, preventing cold air from seeping in during winter. However, not all insulation materials are created equal. Some may not withstand the damp conditions beneath your home, leading to sagging and reduced effectiveness over time. Polyester, in particular has risen as a preferred choice in the realm of underfloor insulation, enhancing energy efficiency and curbing heat loss.
The Premier Choice: 100% Polyester Insulation
Tailored for New Zealand structures, our 100% Polyester Insulation stands out from the crowd. Here’s why:
Safety First: Unlike some other insulation types, our Polyester Insulation is non-irritating, mitigating risks associated with respiratory or skin allergies. This ensures a safer environment for both installers and residents.
Moisture-Resilient: Underfloor spaces are notorious for dampness. Our insulation combats this, maintaining its shape and thermal attributes even in humid settings. Its moisture resistance also wards off mold, promoting a healthier space.
Electrical Safety Assured: No more fretting about intricate electrical systems. Our insulation won’t interfere with the wiring, solidifying its reputation as a safe choice for homes with extensive electrical networks below the floor.
Flexible and Comprehensive: The adaptability of polyester insulation guarantees a snug fit between joists, irrespective of any uneven spacing. This ensures a thorough coverage, eliminating potential heat-escape gaps.
Understanding Insulation and R-Values?
Insulation’s capacity is marked by its R-Value; higher values mean more warmth. With the recent shift in the NZ Building Code, underfloor insulation will see a rise in R-values depending on their climate zone, from R1.5 to up to R1.7 for slab-on-ground homes and R2.5 to R3.0 for homes with timber sub-floors.
Additionally, our team is well-versed with the Healthy Homes Insulation Standards, ensuring that your home not only meets but exceeds the required norms.
Key Considerations for Underfloor Insulation:
- Existing Insulation: Before installing underfloor heating, assess the current insulation level of the room. A well-insulated space requires less energy to heat, leading to cost savings.
- Room Characteristics: Rooms with multiple windows or high ceilings might need a higher heating output. Ensure your insulation is tailored to these requirements.
- Floor Construction: Whether you have a concrete base, timber joists, or an upstairs floor, the type of floor construction will influence your insulation choices.
For more information on how Premier Insulation can help you with your underfloor insulation requirements, email us on [email protected] or give us a call on 0800 467 855