Warmth and Sound Reduction
Premier 100% Polyester Insulation for Walls
At Premier Insulation, we understand the importance of insulating not just your roof but also your walls. Proper wall insulation ensures a comfortable living environment, reduces energy costs, and provides optimal acoustic performance.
Premier 100% Polyester Insulation is proudly manufactured in NZ from thermally bonded polyester fibres for use in framed walls, ceilings and suspended floors and mid-floor applications in both residential and commercial construction
Key Features of Premier 100% Polyester Insulation
- Manufactured using 100% polyester fibres and contain a minimum 45% previously recycled fibre.
- Moisture and vermin resistant
- Non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-irritant, soft and safe to touch
- Made in NZ and designed for New Zealand buildings
- Select BRANZ Appraised & Eco Choice Aotearoa Certified Products
- 50 Year Durability Warranty
Why Wall Insulation Matters
The walls of your home act as a barrier between the inside and the outside world. If these barriers aren’t insulated, it can lead to substantial energy losses. Insulating walls isn’t just about keeping the cold out, but also about maintaining a consistent and comfortable indoor environment. Properly insulated walls can:
- Reduce energy bills: Prevent heat loss in winter and retain cool air in summer.
- Enhance comfort: Create a more consistent internal temperature.
- Acoustic Benefits: Our insulation products reduce noise transfer, making your home a peaceful sanctuary from external disturbances.
- Lower carbon footprint: Minimise energy consumption, promoting an eco-friendly living.
- NZBC Compliance: With the evolving wall insulation requirements NZ, it’s crucial to ensure your home meets the latest standards. Our products are designed to comply with NZ’s building codes and regulations
Retrofitting Wall Insulation to Exisiting Homes
Why Consider Retrofitting?
While new builds often come equipped with modern insulation standards. For older homes that were constructed without insulation or with substandard insulating materials, retrofitting is an opportunity to upgrade and reap the benefits of modern insulation.
For existing homes, it’s vital to understand that insulation can only be added to the walls if you’re planning on taking down the wall or GIB board first. Without this step, our insulation cannot be applied to pre-existing homes. Insulation in New Builds are installed before the GIB board is applied to walls.
- Value Enhancement: Improving insulation can increase your home’s market value.
- Comfort Upgrade: Experience warmer winters and cooler summers, all thanks to a well-insulated home.
- Energy Savings: With better insulation, you can significantly cut down on your energy bills.
Stay Updated with NZ’s Wall Insulation Requirements:
With the evolving insulation standards in NZ, it’s crucial to stay updated. Since wall insulation plays a pivotal role in ensuring a home’s comfort and energy efficiency, make sure your home meets the latest requirements.
In New Zealand, wall insulation plays a crucial role in ensuring homes are compliant with local building codes. The New Zealand Insulation Standards, NZS 4218:2009, provides guidelines on determining R-values, with methods including the Schedule, Calculation, and Modelling methods.
The New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) has specific requirements for construction R-values based on zones. For instance, in Zone 1 and 2, which covers most of the North Island excluding the Central Plateau, the requirements are Ceiling R2.9, Wall R1.9, and Underfloor R1.3. For Zone 3, which includes the South Island and Central Plateau, the standards are Ceiling R3.3, Wall R2.0, and Underfloor R1.3.
It’s essential to note that while the current NZBC doesn’t apply when retrofitting insulation to older homes, renovations might need to meet the latest standards. Additionally, from 1 July 2021, all private rentals are mandated to comply with the Healthy Homes Standards (HHS) within 90 days of any new or renewed tenancies.
Whether you’re constructing a new home or considering an upgrade to your existing one, wall insulation with Premier Polyester ensures you’re making a decision that benefits both your wallet and the environment. Get in touch with our experts today to discover the best insulation solution for your home. Email us on [email protected] or give us a call on 0800 467 855